Do you want to participate in a marathon? Is it the type of challenge you’re looking for? Join the 42nd edition of the Village Roadshow Theme Parks Gold Coast Marathon on July 2 and 3 to put your dedication and determination to the test; run for good times!
The Village Roadshow Theme Parks Gold Coast Marathon, a World Athletics Label Road Race, is Australia’s pinnacle of road running competitions and has earned a reputation as one of the world’s most prestigious marathons. Participants of various ages and abilities will compete in eight races at the world-class international marathon, which will include:
- Village Roadshow Theme Parks Gold Coast Marathon – When the starter’s pistol goes off at 6 a.m. on Sunday, July 3, run for fun in the Village Roadshow Theme Parks Gold Coast Marathon (42.195km). Thousands of people are attempting to beat their personal bests on Australia’s flattest, fastest, and most picturesque track.
- CPL Wheelchair Marathon – Handcycles are not allowed. The 2022 CPL Wheelchair Marathon will be under the rules of Athletics Australia, World Para Athletics, and World Athletics, which indicate that the marathon is an athletics event and that only a recognized racing wheelchair is authorized. On the chair, no mechanical gears are allowed.
- ASICS Half Marathon – The ASICS Half Marathon (21.095km) is at 6 a.m. on Saturday, July 2.
- Southern Cross University 10km Run – On Sunday, July 3, the Southern Cross University 10km Run will begin at 6:30 a.m. On this flat, quick, and picturesque course, take in the stunning water views from Sundale Bridge while running alongside the Gold Coast Broadwater.
- CPL Wheelchair 10km – This event also follows the same rules as the CPL Wheelchair Marathon.
- Gold Coast Airport 5km Fun Run – The Gold Coast Airport Fun Run is a family-friendly event that begins at 10:10 a.m. on Saturday, July 2. Elite starts will be available for the first time at this race, with prize money handed to the first three male and female finishers!
- Health and Wellbeing Queensland 4km Junior Dash – Hundreds of kids aged 5 to 14 will compete in the Health and Wellbeing Queensland 4km Junior Dash on Saturday, July 2 at 9:40 a.m.
- Health and Wellbeing Queensland 2km Junior Dash – Children aged 5 to 10 are expected to participate in the Health and Wellbeing Queensland 2km Junior Dash on Saturday, July 2 at 9:25 a.m. If a parent or guardian believes it is necessary, they may accompany the youngster.
If you participate in this event, you will receive a finisher medal that you can personalize with an iTaB. You can have your name engraved on the back of your finishers’ medal and your net time. A finisher shirt and certificate are also included. Cramp Fixx are also available at the 30.5km Refreshment Station (marathon only). After the race, runners can purchase images and videos.
If you’re not quite ready to run the marathon, you can still enjoy the energy and excitement of Australia’s most famous race. Encourage thousands of runners to victory on the Gold Coast streets, from Runaway Bay to Burleigh Heads. At several viewing points along the 42.195-kilometre race, enjoy live local entertainment and soak up the vibrant atmosphere. For the energy you’ll need to cheer to your heart’s delight, grab some breakfast at one of the course’s cafés and clubs.
If you wish to participate in the marathon, you must be close by because it begins early. Stay at Pacific Views Resort, about a 5-minute drive from the start site.
Aside from its convenient location, the Gold Coast resort accommodation is within walking distance of Main Beach and near Marina Mirage, Sea World, and a short five-minute drive from Surfers Paradise, a tourist hotspot famed for its attractions, shopping malls, and world-class live entertainment.
Reserve your Gold Coast accommodation today!